Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers
Date
Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/16 5:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Or in short: I don't want to be seeing one prefix format in some buildfarm
> logs and a different format in others.

Sure.  My patch has

log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l] %qapp=%a '

which is modeled after the pgfouine recommendation, which is I believe a
wide-spread convention, and it also vaguely follows syslog customs.

The build farm client has

log_line_prefix = '%m [%c:%l] '

which is very similar, but the lack of the PID makes it unsuitable for
the purposes that I have set out, and there is no obvious place to put
additional information such as %a.

%m vs %t is obviously a minor issue that I will gladly adjust, but
besides that I prefer to stick with my version.