Re: cleanup temporary files after crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: cleanup temporary files after crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/19/21 3:57 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> So crake and florican seem to be happy now. Not sure about lapwing yet.
>> But interestingly enough, prion and curculio got unhappy. They worked
>> fine with the older test, but now it fails with the "no such file or
>> directory" message. I wonder what makes them different from the other
>> x86_64 machines ...
>
> I'm confused about why the new query would use a temp file at all.
> Maybe they aren't using the same plan?

Because generate_series() stashes the results into a tuplestore, and the
test sets work_mem to just 64kB. Maybe I'm missing some detail, though.

The plan is extremely simple - just Function Scan feeding data into an
Insert, not sure what other plan could be used.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company