Re: JSON for PG 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: JSON for PG 9.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Dec 19, 2011, at 3:39 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Well, no, JSON is formally “a lightweight data-interchange format.” It’s derived from JavaScript syntax, but it is
nota programming language, so I wouldn’t say it was accurate to describe it as a subset of JS or ECMAScript.

Bah, it says “It is based on a subset of the JavaScript Programming Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December
1999.”But my point still holds: it is not a programming language, and one does not need a PL to have a JSON data type.

Best,

David