Getting OID in psql of recent insert - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Getting OID in psql of recent insert
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In writing the book, I see the serious limitation that there is no way
in psql to access the most recently inserted oid.  Without it, there
seems to be no way to use the oid value as a foreign key in another
table.

Should I add a function to return the most recently assigned oid to the
backend, or is there a better way?

Pennsylvania19026