Re: [SQL] zombie postmasters - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Zalman Stern
Subject Re: [SQL] zombie postmasters
Date
List pgsql-sql
> "Hamid Khoshnevis" <hamid@emarq.com> writes:
> > In a web environment, a user can repeatedly starts and abort large queries
> > which create a large number of zombie postmasters.

The first question is whether you mean real "zombies" (as indicated by ps)
or a bunch more process than you expected ("process leak"). I've seen the
latter a number of times and it generally indicates failure to properly
close connections in your application. I find the same techniques used for
debuging file descriptor leaks work for finding these problems.

-Z-