Re: [HACKERS] IN clause and INTERSECT not behaving as expected - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian Hirt
Subject Re: [HACKERS] IN clause and INTERSECT not behaving as expected
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Okay, I've looked into this a little more and found that the rewrite
engine converts UNION INTERSECT and EXCEPT queries to semantiacally
equivalent queries that use IN and NOT IN subselects.
See: backend/rewrite/rewriteHandler.c, line 2821.

So, my hope that the intersection problem will be easier to solve than
the sub select problem is incorrect.  I'm still confused by the error
message about "views" with the IN clause.  I'll look into that some more.