Re: [SQL] Accessing other database... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frederic boucher
Subject Re: [SQL] Accessing other database...
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'll probably have to do something like that...  But the table will still
contains the data off all the users.  Since, unlike my first example, there
will be a lot more than 2 users, the action (update,select,add,delete) will
be much slower than if only the good records would be in the table.  if I do
something like :

delete from TheTable;

or

delete from TheTable where User_ID = THE_ID

the first will be faster even with an index on UserID.  And deleting all
data is a "simple" action...  I'm not talking about more complicated
actions.

\fb

Thanks for your help and if you have an other idea... don't hesitate!