Re: [SQL] Decimal precsion? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [SQL] Decimal precsion?
Date
List pgsql-sql

> Yeah I finnally figured that out, wish the docs would cover things like
> that.
>
> I went through two books (which said its just liek COBOL! and then
> ignored me) and finnally the mysql pages had a good right up.
>
> I still thing the 0.0 thing is an error.

Yes, and why doesn't this generate an error:test=> insert into example values(0.12345);INSERT 19488 1test=> insert into
examplevalues(0.1234567);INSERT 19489 1test=> select * from example; other------0.12350.1235(2 rows)

Jan, can you comment on this.  I found the code in numeric.c, but can't
figure out what the proper test should be.

Pennsylvania19026