Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql Week 3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> For external reasons I didn't get as much done as I wanted. Originally, I
> planned for 4 weeks and I think I can keep that.
>
> The source is posted at http://www.pathwaynet.com/~peter/psql3.tar.gz
>
> CHANGELOG
> * Accommodated object descriptions in \d* commands.
> * Re-wrote \dd
> * Re-wrote \d "table"
> * \pset command as generic way for setting printing options (e.g.,
>   \pset format html, \pset null "(null)")
> * Proliferated use of const char * and enums
> * Rewrote \di, \dt, \ds, \dS. Say hello to \dv for views, which are
>   now recognized correctly. You can also call, e.g., \dtvi for a list
>   of indices, tables, and views. The possibilities are endless ...
>   (where "endless" = 325)

Very cool.  Nice new formats.  Man, I will have to add them to this
book.  I am going to have to have pre-7.0 psql backslash command
listings, and 7.0 backslash listings.  This improvement is long overdue.
psql has always been one of our nifty features.  It just got niftier.

Pennsylvania19026