Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)
Date
Scripts (was Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?))  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Next release is 7.0(?)  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-interfaces
> > Yes, we have discussed this, and will add it to the TODO list.
> > > can the commands createuser and destroyuser be renamed to
> > > pg_createuser and pg_destroyuser (as pg_dump) adding soft links to
> > > preserve backwards compatibility (declaring previous commands
> > > deprecated) ?
> > > the same can be done for createdb and destroydb ...
>
> I hope we don't have a consensus on this. Long commands with
> underscores in them are certainly another sign of the coming
> apocalypse ;)

But if we keep symlinks to the existing names, is that OK?

Pennsylvania19026