DELETE/DROP and inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Albert REINER
Subject DELETE/DROP and inheritance
Date
List pgsql-sql
Why don't DELETE and DROP work with the *-notation for inherited
tables?  I think they should, and I don't see why it should be
difficult to implement (but I cannot, not being C-literate).
   albert=> create database tst;   CREATEDB   albert=> \c tst   connecting to new database: tst   tst=> create table a
(idint4);   CREATE   tst=> create table b (id2 int4) inherits (a);   CREATE   tst=> delete from a*;   ERROR:  parser:
parseerror at or near "*"

(here I would like to get "DELETE 0" instead)      tst=> drop table a*;   ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "a"

(here I would like to get "DROP" instead)

Bye,

Albert.

--

Reiner<areiner@tph.tuwien.ac.at>