Re: [SQL] table aliasing problem with 6.5... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [SQL] table aliasing problem with 6.5...
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > I just looked at it, and I woild be required to loop up through the
> > pstate->parentParseState counting how many times I can continue going
> > up, and creating an elog string on the fly to print.  Doesn't seem worth
> > it, does it?
>
> It's probably worth saying "in subquery" or not, but if you don't feel
> like determining the exact depth then never mind the sub-subquery bit...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Good idea.  I have:

test=> select pg_language.*;
NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table pg_language
lanname |lanispl|lanpltrusted|lanplcallfoid|lancompiler
--------+-------+------------+-------------+--------------
internal|f      |f           |            0|n/a
lisp    |f      |f           |            0|/usr/ucb/liszt
C       |f      |f           |            0|/bin/cc
sql     |f      |f           |            0|postgres
(4 rows)

test=> select * from pg_language a where lanname in (select pg_language.lanname);
NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry in subquery for table pg_language
lanname |lanispl|lanpltrusted|lanplcallfoid|lancompiler
internal|f      |f           |            0|n/a
lisp    |f      |f           |            0|/usr/ucb/liszt
C       |f      |f           |            0|/bin/cc
sql     |f      |f           |            0|postgres
(4 rows)

Pennsylvania19026