Re: [SQL] Don't need transaction integrity - can I turn it off - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [SQL] Don't need transaction integrity - can I turn it off
Date
Re: [SQL] Don't need transaction integrity - can I turn it off  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
Bruce Momjian wrote: >[Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...] >> My application requires very fast
update/insert-where I am told mySQL >> shines.  Can I turn off commit/rollback in Postgres so as to dramatically >>
speedup insert/updates.  I understand and accept the cost of dropping som     >e >> insert/updates. > >Yes, we have
no-fsyncoption.  See FAQ.

But that has to do with not forcing a sync to disk after every write.
I've never heard of an ability to disable transactions; isn't every
operation outside an explicitly-declared transaction made a single
separate transaction by default?

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "But the end of all things is at hand; be ye
therefore     sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things      have fervent love among yourselves; for love
shall      cover the multitude of sins."      I Peter 4:7,8