Re: [SQL] Counting the number of distinct rows returned - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From tjk@tksoft.com
Subject Re: [SQL] Counting the number of distinct rows returned
Date
List pgsql-sql
Drew,

Not really the answer you were asking, but in general, your
program will probably be using some interface other than
psql, i.e. libpq or Pg.pm, or whatever.

E.g. in C, if your PgQuery struct is pg1, then you
would do your query and retrieve the number of records
found with "pg1->PQntuples(pg1->reply)"

Troy