Re: [SQL] primary key view failure - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [SQL] primary key view failure
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 10:26:16AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> rob caSSon <rob@styro.lib.muohio.edu> writes:
> > i have a perfectly valid sql statement that returns expected results, but
> > when i create a view based on the same sql, i get 0.
>
> Your example seems to work fine for me with current sources.
> What version are you running?
>
>             regards, tom lane

I just got the same results as Rob, with a 6.5.0 install, and a hopefully
helpful error message:

idas_proto=> SELECT * FROM blah;
relname|attname
-------+-------
(0 rows)

idas_proto=> \d blah
ERROR:  get_ruledef of blah: unknown node type 111 in check_if_rte_used()
idas_proto=> select version();
version
PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3
(1 row)

idas_proto=>

So, is this fixed in 6.5.1, or is it something that needs backporting from
current?

Ross

P.S. Rob, good show, using an example pulling from the system tables: makes it
really easy for others to test.

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer