Curiosity on deferred/delayed balancing btrees - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Colin McCormack
Subject Curiosity on deferred/delayed balancing btrees
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

This is idle curiosity, I was looking through some papers I found on deferred
balancing of btrees, with the idea of implementing it (for coldstore.)

The idea is that you only need to lock a couple of pages for update, and you
come back later to rebalance the tree.

Someone suggested postgresql already does this.  Is it so?  If so, would
someone give me a quick precis on the subject?

Colin.