Applix Data, BLOBS and PostgreSQL data types. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Cary O'Brien
Subject Applix Data, BLOBS and PostgreSQL data types.
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

What data ODBC data types does Applix Data think are blobs?  I'm using PostgreSQL
via ODBC.  I can turn all text/varchar to blobs with the TextAsLongVarchar=1 flag,
but what I want is for some text fields to be text, and some to be blobs.  I.e.
text fields blobs and varchar fields not blobs, or the other way around.

I think this depends on which of the following SQL data types are interpreted
as blobs by Applix Data (from isqlext.h):

# define SQL_LONGVARCHAR                (-1)
# define SQL_BINARY                     (-2)
# define SQL_VARBINARY                  (-3)
# define SQL_LONGVARBINARY              (-4)

I realize this is mostly a PostgreSQL ODBC driver issue, and I am willing
to fix the driver, but I need to know which ODBC data types I need for
BLOB and NON-BLOB text.

Thanks,

-- cary

Cary O'Brien