Re: [SQL] MVCC and concurrent clients - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From tjk@tksoft.com
Subject Re: [SQL] MVCC and concurrent clients
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom,

I missed a part of this dialogue, but if I am correct we
are talking about problems associated with concurrent updates.

Since this is such an important topic, how about creating
a description of the specific problems associated with the issue,
with the goal of establishing a comprehensive solution(s)
to handle the different needs of various client programs?

My thought would be to have a serial number which can be requested
from the server for updates, so that applications which must/want to
process updates sequentially can do so.
(updates=updates/deletes/inserts)

Troy

Troy Korjuslommi                Tksoft OY, Inc.
tjk@tksoft.com                  Software Development
                                Open Source Solutions
                                Hosting Services