Re: [HACKERS] spinlock freeze again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] spinlock freeze again
Date
RE: [HACKERS] spinlock freeze again
List pgsql-hackers
> > Are their any locks acquired before InitProcess()?
> >

> OidGenLockId spinlock is acquired in InitTransactionLog().
>
> Regards.

Well, seems we have a Proc queue that holds locks, but for these other
cases, we don't.  We could use the on_shmexit queue to add an cleanup
handler once we get the lock, and remove it from the queue once we
release the lock.  We don't currently have the ability to remove
specific queue entries, but we could easily do that.

Is the lock failure a problem that happens a lot?

Pennsylvania19026