General Bug Report: TEMP TABLES becomes permanent CATALOG TABLES - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Ricardo Coelho
Your email address      : rcoelho@px.com.br

Category                : runtime: back-end
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : RedHat Linux 5.2 Intel

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5

  Compiler used      : gcc

Hardware:
---------
Pentium II 350MHz 128M RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------

Problem Description:
--------------------
When you execute a wrong SQL command after create a TEMP TABLE, postgres backend doesn't drop this table after
connectionends. We can't drop pg_temp.PID.N with "drop table" command because it is a system catalog table. So, we had
todumpall the database, edit db.out file to erase lines of pg_temp??? create table and reload it again.

Test Case:
psql mydb
mydb=> select * into temp table TMP from anytable;
mydb=> drop table invalidTable;
mydb=> \q
psql mydb
mydb=> \dS    --> You will see a new permanent system table.

Solution:
---------