Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG fetch broken after upgrade to 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG fetch broken after upgrade to 6.5
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 06:52:05PM -0400, Phil Moors wrote:
> ml1.sql:364: parse error
>
> line 364 is: EXEC SQL FETCH pick_ip INTO :tWatMacAddress;

That one is correct since the stabdard syntax is:

EXEC SQL FETCH IN pick_ip INTO :tWatMacAddress;

> Also of note:
>
> One of my programs contained no SQL code. However, I tend to run it through ecpg
> out of habit. The old version would (correctly) leave things alone. However, the
> new version grabs double slashes, even if they are embedded in within double
> quotes. It turned these two lines:
>
>         printf("<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http://pm2/cgi-bin/macs/ml1\">\n");
>         printf("Select the type of address, enter it into the form and \n");
>
> Into this (all one line):
>
> printf("<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=\"http:        printf("Select the type of
> address, enter it into the form and \n");

This looks like a bug. I have to check that.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!