Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Matt Magoffin (Borders Online)" wrote:
> >
> > I've read many postings of people having this same problem, which I am now
> > having since I've updated to LinuxPPC R5. At this point I've compiled a
> > completely NEW database from scratch (with no problems) and, following right
> > along in the install docs, run %initdb, %createdb, %psql (and then the
> > "select datetime 'now';" query), and finally %destroydb, which produces the
> > error
> >
> > ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
> >
> > Has there been any patch or work-around yet? (David, I saw you had submitted
> > a Bug report).
> >
> > -- M@
>
> The only way I can get gcc to work is to use -O0 to turn off all optimization.
>
> If you figure out what's wrong, be sure to post it to this list and the egcs list.

We have updated template/linux_ppc with:

    CFLAGS:-O0 -mieee # optimization -O2 removed because of egcs problem

We understand the cause.  It is our bug, not egcs.  egcs is just better
at optimization on that platform than most.