Error creating index (v6.5) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roberto Moreda
Subject Error creating index (v6.5)
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to create the third index in a table populated with 23000 rows
and I get :

sanluis=> CREATE INDEX art_idx2 ON ARTICULOINFO (shFamilia);
FATAL 1:  btree: failed to add item to the page in _bt_sort (2)
            before or while processing the request.
        We have lost the connection to the backend, so further
processing is impossible.  Terminating.

I can add more index on the same table without problem using other columns,
but once the error it seems that art_idx2 doesn't exist but I can recreate
it,  obtaining :

sanluis=> CREATE INDEX art_idx2 ON ARTICULOINFO (shFamilia);
ERROR:  cannot create art_idx2

I've got postgres 6.5 under Linux 2.2.5
What happens?

Thanks in advance.