Re: [SQL] example of trigger to track DB changes - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brook Milligan
Subject Re: [SQL] example of trigger to track DB changes
Date
List pgsql-sql
I've looked through the trigger examples in the html doc and the src  tree but didn't find the one I was looking
for.

Look in the rules docs instead.
  I want to set up a trigger to track changes (add/update/delete) to rows  in two tables.  This can be through
insertingOID's or acctname's  (acctname of web users) into a "changed_rows" table that keeps track of  changed rows.

  Would someone provide some source code that does this?  I'm assuming a  lot of people have done this... I'm using
6.3.2...

The rules docs describe how to do exactly this and give an example.

Cheers,
Brook