Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem
List pgsql-hackers
> Yes,
>
> I do build with --enable-locale, but I do not build with --enable-mb and do
> not use client_encoding or server_encoding.
>
> The content of the keys is in cyrillic. I have LC_CTYPE=CP1251 in the
> environment in both server and client, and this has worked for me in 6.4.2.

This certainly explains it.  With locale enabled, LIKE does not use
indexes because we can't figure out how to do the indexing trick with
non-ASCII character sets because we can't figure out the maximum
character value for a particular encoding.

We didn't do the check in 6.4.*, and LIKE was not returning the proper
results for queries at those sites that used locale.

Pennsylvania19026