Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> >Btree-s are still using page-level locking and don't release
>> >locks when leave index page to fetch row from relation.
>> >Seems that this causes deadlocks more often than I thought -:(
>> >
>> >Marc? I can fix this today and I'll be very careful...
>> >Ok?
>>
>> Please let me know if you fix it. I will run the test again.
>
>Fixed.

Thanks, but I now have another problem. I got backend abortings. Stack
trace shows followings (Sorry I' writing this by hand rather than
cut&paste, so there may be an error):

s_lock_stuck
s_lock
SpinAcquire
LockAcquire
LockRelation
heap_beginscan
index_info
find_secondary_index
find_relation_indices
set_base_rel_pathlist
make_one_rel
subPlanner
query_planner
union_planner
planner
pg_parse_and_plan
pg_exec_query_dest
pg_exec_quer
:
:

Note that this happend in both read committed/serializable levels.
--
Tatsuo Ishii