Problems with INSERT INTO? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anna Langer
Subject Problems with INSERT INTO?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
We are not really sure if this question is right for this mailinglist.
We have some problem with INSERT INTO and we dont know how to solve it.We
are writing it in a C-program. We are trying to get an integer from a file
and put it into a database. And we are sure that we get a interger into our
program.

When we created the table in the database we set the attribut to int4.
We get the problem when we trying to move the interger to the database.

int a=500;

PQexec(conn, "INSERT INTO octets VALUES(a)");

But the program works when we do like this:

PQexec(conn, "INSERT INTO octets VALUES(500)");

It feels like we need to convert int a in some way, byt we dont know how. We
are beginners with Postgresql.

/Anna and Maria