Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: >Any shell-scripting gurus on the list?  I thought this would be an easy >fix, but I'm having some
difficultygetting the configure script to >produce a fully-expanded value for libdir.  Given a shell variable that >may
contain$-references to other variables, the requirement is to >assign to a new variable an expanded value containing no
$-references.>I tried >    expanded_libdir="$libdir" >but that just gets you an exact copy, no recursive expansion.  A
few>other ideas didn't work either; the Bourne shell doesn't seem to want >to re-expand text it's already expanded.
Suggestions?
Use eval:

$ v1=DF_\$EIFFEL_GTK
$ echo $v1
DF_$EIFFEL_GTK
$ v2=$v1
$ echo $v2
DF_$EIFFEL_GTK
$ eval v2=$v1
$ echo $v2
DF_/usr/lib/eiffel-gtk
$

but if it gets too complicated, you might have to change to Perl

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and
know     my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me,     and lead me in the way everlasting."
        Psalms 139:23,24