Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] plpgsql error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What we need is to substitute a "fully expanded" version of libdir into
> this file, instead of a version that might depend on other variables.
>
> Any shell-scripting gurus on the list?  I thought this would be an easy
> fix, but I'm having some difficulty getting the configure script to
> produce a fully-expanded value for libdir.  Given a shell variable that
> may contain $-references to other variables, the requirement is to
> assign to a new variable an expanded value containing no $-references.
> I tried

>     expanded_libdir="$libdir"
> but that just gets you an exact copy, no recursive expansion.  A few
> other ideas didn't work either; the Bourne shell doesn't seem to want
> to re-expand text it's already expanded.  Suggestions?

Please try:
expanded_libdir="`eval echo $libdir`"

Then I assume you have to do a:

sed "s/@libdir@/$expanded_libdir/g" <mklang.sql.template >mklang.sql

I can take it if you commit what you have.  The one item I am not sure
about is having it generate mklang.sql when the configure values change.
When they run configure, I think we have to generate a new file, so the
Makefile can see the change in datestamp and generate a new mklang.sql.
Sounds like we need mklang.template.in, mklang.template, and mklang.sql
and a rule in the makefile that mklang.sql depends on mklang.template.

You can complete it, or I will take a crack at it.

Pennsylvania19026