ODBC boolean conversion and scandinavian characters - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Finn Kettner
Subject ODBC boolean conversion and scandinavian characters
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi there.

I'm using Postgres 6.3.2 with the ODBC driver, and have come across a
few oddities when exporting tables from Access97 to Postgres:

1. boolean fields are converted to type bpchar instead of type bool.
2. scandinavian characters (That is 'æøåÆØÅ') are converted to '_'.

Is this the normal behavior?? I can't seem to find anything in the
documentation/faq about these issues. Is there any way I can help the
two inconveniencies other that hard manual work :-).

Yours faithfully.
Finn Kettner.