new patches for 6.5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Massimo Dal Zotto
Subject new patches for 6.5.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

here are some patches for 6.5.0 which I already submitted but have never
been applied. The patches are in the .tar.gz attachment at the end:

varchar-array.patch     this patch adds support for arrays of bpchar() and
                        varchar(), which where always missing from postgres.

            These datatypes can be used to replace the _char4,
            _char8, etc., which were dropped some time ago.

block-size.patch        this patch fixes many errors in the parser and other
                        program which happen with very large query statements
                        (> 8K) when using a page size larger than 8192.

            This patch is needed if you want to submit queries
            larger than 8K. Postgres supports tuples up to 32K
            but you can't insert them because you can't submit
            queries larger than 8K. My patch fixes this problem.

                        The patch also replaces all the occurrences of `8192'
                        and `1<<13' in the sources with the proper constants
                        defined in include files. You should now never find
            8192 hardwired in C code, just to make code clearer.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |

Attachment