- Mailing list pgsql-general

From gorman@acheron.franken.de
Subject
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am interested in the status of the Groups implementation in PostgreSQL.

Currently I am using the 6.42 release and I have the problem, that I can
not grant access to groups. I searched the mailinglists for this problem,
but with no result. I read carefully the changes list for the 6.5beta
release, but there was nothing mentioned too.

Now, can anybody tell me, if the group-system in pgsql (6.42 or 6.5)
works, and if it works, please tell me how. And if it is not working, can
anybody out there tell me, when it will be working in the future ?

Here is what I tried:

insert into pg_group values ('dbadmin','1');
create user test with password test123 in group dbadmin;
create table bezeichner.....
grant all on bezeichner to group dbadmin;

Login as user test;

select * from bezeichner;
NOTICE:  in_group: group 0 not found
NOTICE:  in_group: group 1 not found
NOTICE:  in_group: group 96 not found
ERROR:  bezeichner: Permission denied.

Am I stupid ? Am I doing something wrong ? Or is the group mechanism still
broken.

Thank you very much for your help....

--
Bye