Re: [INTERFACES] ecpg cursors and scope - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] ecpg cursors and scope
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 10:17:03AM +0200, Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek wrote:
>     Thanks, but in PostgreSQL or ECPG manual isn't this... and I forgot

Shame on me. :-( Yes, the docs need much more work.

> syntax from Oracle...Could you put some example (the best is the contruction
> below)?

Please check the test source under .../ecpg/test.

How about this

if (cond)    strcpy(query, "select count (*) from tpm");else    strcpy(query, "select count (*) from tpm where col1 =
?");
exec sql prepare MM from :query;exec sql declare prep cursor for MM;
exec sql open prep using :cislo1;
exec sql whenever not found break;while (1){    exec sql fetch in cur into :cislo2;}
But speaking of this. It appears ecpg cannot do prepares without variables
at the moment. This is a bug. I just didn't see this so far.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!