Re: [INTERFACES] Re: I am facing a difficult problem.. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Adam Haberlach
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: I am facing a difficult problem..
Date
Re: [INTERFACES] Re: I am facing a difficult problem..  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 06:25:13AM +0000, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
> junho91@kmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello...
> > I am using postgresSQL....
> > I am facing a difficult problem..
> >
> > it was occured error below
> > ==========================
> > Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: PQexec() -- query is too long.
> > Maximum length is 8191 in /home/httpd/html/lline/add.php3 on line 151

> As I know, it's not possible to write a query bigger than 8191 bytes.
> But in real world, that's supposed to happen extremely rare.

    It would depend upon your database.  I'm handling a bug database
with some rather large text fields.  If someone pastes 8k of text into
one of them, the INSERT statement will fail for that reason.
    I would like to know if there is a simple solution to this as well,
or if it will be addressed in the future.  I do have other options, but
they entail shuffling a lot of legacy data around.