Re: [HACKERS] snprintf() instead of sprintf() ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] snprintf() instead of sprintf() ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have gone through the code, and added pstrdup() to cases where
snprintf was uses with the same string on input and output.  Should fix
these problems.

Hello all,

CREATE USER/ALTER USER doesn't work well for
99/02/23 snapshot;

=> create user user1;
ERROR:  Bad abstime external representation ''

I didn't understand the reason.
=> alter user fred createuser;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "where"

I found it's because of the use snprintf() instead
of sprintf().  Different from sprintf(),snprintf()
clears its target first.
AlterUser() function uses the statement such assnprintf(sql, "....", sql, ...)

In this case,the content of sql which is also a
source of snprintf is cleared before execution.

Thanks.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

Pennsylvania19026