Re: [SQL] So what happens at 2GB? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karl Denninger
Subject Re: [SQL] So what happens at 2GB?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 01:11:23PM -0500, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > No.  It works properly.  I have had tables exceeding 10GB.
>
> How does it get past an operating system limitation on file size?
>
> Brett W. McCoy
>                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/

There isn't one on FreeBSD, but Postgres doesn't seem to know that.
Instead, it breaks the table up into 2G-sized file chunks.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.