more on large objects using postgresql.snapshot from today (March 11) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Venner
Subject more on large objects using postgresql.snapshot from today (March 11)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This is a very urgent problem for me to resolve, if there is anything I can do to help figure this out,
please let me know.

Peter has my older test code that failed out 6.3.2 and 6.4.2.
I have compiled my postgres with --enable-cassert.

all of these are done through the jdbc driver.

1)    I have two problems with the jdbc driver.1)    the linux (blackdown) jdk 1.1.6 has a version stringof
Linux_JDK_1.1.6_v1,not 1.1.6, so the jdbc drivertries to load the 1.2 driver which of course isn't present..Minor fix
toadd a if || getProperty( "java.version").startsWith( LinuxJDK_1.1 )to the 1.1 test

2)    the LARGE OBJECT selector in database metadata is   {"LARGE OBJECT",    "(relkind='r' and relname ~ '^xinv')"},
and for this version of postgres appears to need to be   {"LARGE OBJECT",    "(relkind='l' and relname ~ '^xinv')"},

I haven't checked into the data handling stuff that is so
problematic...

1)    I can't fetch large objects except within transactions, this
is new, It used to be that it didn't matter
2)    I can't store more that 1 large object in a transaction,if i have multiple lo's i have to store them
usingautocommit(false).

3)    after uploading 280 lo's in in autocommit(true) modeI get the following message in the postmaster log file

NOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean) conventionsN
OTICE:  SIReadEntryData: cache state reset
TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(RelationNameCache->hctl->nkeys == 10):", File: "relcache.c", Line: 1467)

!(RelationNameCache->hctl->nkeys == 10) (0) [No such file or directory]
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and
possiblycorrupted shared memory.I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database
systemconnection and exit.Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and
possiblycorrupted shared memory.I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database
systemconnection and exit.Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

-- the message I get if I try to do multiple lo's inside of a transaction is:
NOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean) conventions
TRAP: Bad Argument to Function Call("!(AllocSetContains(set, pointer)):", File: "aset.c", Line: 292)

!(AllocSetContains(set, pointer)) (0) [No such file or directory]