Re: [GENERAL] Debian 2.0 + libpgsql-6.3.8 + can't compile my program - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Debian 2.0 + libpgsql-6.3.8 + can't compile my program
Date
List pgsql-general
"Nathan L. Cutler" wrote:
  >Hello all:
  >
  >After upgrading from Debian 1.3 (PostgreSQL 6.2.1) to Debian 2.0 (PostgreSQL
  >6.3.8) I suddenly began having compilation problems.  Compilation fails in t
      >he
  >link phase with the following error message:
  >
  >    /usr/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `crypt'
  >
  >When I downgrade to 6.2.1 it compiles just fine.
  >
  >Does anyone know the solution to (or a workaround for) this problem?

The crypt functions are separated out into a different library.

Add -lcrypt to your link options.

     "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they
      follow me; And I give unto them eternal life; and they
      shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them
      out of my hand."          John 10:27,28