references to packaged versions of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brook Milligan
Subject references to packaged versions of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In light of the recent inquiry about postgresql RPMs, it might make
sense to have on our web page some references to packaged up versions
(or other means of easily installing postgresql) for specific
operating systems.  As an effort to start that, here are some relevant
URLs pointing to the NetBSD package system for postgresql (and some
more general ones).  Note that even though the package page is
retrievable via ftp it is a browsable page.
 NetBSD PostgreSQL package    ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql/README.html NetBSD
homepage        http://www.netbsd.org NetBSD packages information
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

Perhaps a page that went something like the following would be useful.
It could be filled in with relevant entries as we become aware of
them, and might point people to relatively easy installation pathways
if they need it.

Cheers,
Brook

Several packages for PostgreSQL have been created to ease the process
of installing the system under specific operating systems.  See the
following documents for more information.

Operating system    Package name
NetBSD <ref URL>    databases/postgresql <ref URL>