Still no luck on Digital OSF/1 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jan Kim
Subject Still no luck on Digital OSF/1 4.0
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dear PostgreSQLers,

I just installed PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on a Digital Alpha workstation
running OSF/1 4.0, but I still have no luck getting the system to run
properly. I configured with

    % ./configure --prefix=/home/zwdv/postgres/postgresql-6.4.2 --with-perl --with-odbc --with-CC='cc -std1'

The system compiled ok (some trouble in the src/interfaces/odbc
directory because there are C++ comments in the C sources, but I fixed
that).  Installing and running initdb also had no problems. But when I
try step 21 from the INSTALL file (check basic backend functionality),
the test database created in this process cannot be removed anymore:

    % destroydb
    ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

Can anybody explain what this error means? Has anybody got PostgreSQL 6.4.x
to run on an Alpha workstation running OSF/1?

I would be very grateful for any hints.

Greetinx, Jan
 |             email: kim@mpiz-koeln.mpg.de                           |
 |             WWW:   http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~kim/              |