Re: [HACKERS] FOR SHARE LOCK clause ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] FOR SHARE LOCK clause ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In any case, I'm not really sure what this locking
> in share mode would get you... could you explain
> in the context of the above examples.

I will take a stab at it.

Locking in shared mode would cause any row read by the SELECT to be
remain unmodified until its transaction completes.  Other SELECTs can
read it, but writer have to wait and can not modify it.

Pennsylvania19026