Re: [HACKERS] SQLJ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SQLJ
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Jan Wieck wrote:
>>
>> PL/Tcl and PL/pgSQL are the  only  two  languages  available,
>> because  noone else than me did anything in that corner up to
>> now. You're welcome :-).
>
>:-)
>
>Yeap! Easy to say! Hard to do!
>
>I'm not a "core" programmer. I am rather new to Java (only 2 weeks), and
>I don't know anything about inside PostgreSQL structures.
>We would need someone with much more expertise in "C", "C++", Java and
>PostgreSQL than me.

I've been interested in this topic too. My idea is having JVM as a
separate process from the backend. Maybe JServ(Apache's servlet
extension package) is a good starting point. Also it would be nice if
the backend could use some functionalities of Java, such as encoding
conversions.

I am by no means a Java guru, thus this would be a great challenge for
me:-)
--
Tatsuo Ishii