Re: [GENERAL] select using date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Williams
Subject Re: [GENERAL] select using date
Date
List pgsql-general
> Trying to use select statement using CURRENT_DATE
> Which works fine like so:
>
> select * from headlines where dateof = CURRENT_DATE order by dateof desc
>
> But I'm also wanting to do something similar to:
>
> select * from headlines where dateof = CURRENT_DATE - INTERVAL '1' DAY
> order by dateof desc
>
> Basically just trying to subtract 1 day from the CURRENT_DATE

Kevin,

    (1) Handy hint: try '\df' once in the psql utility.
    This gives a nice list of functions, their return types, and
    brief descriptions of what they accomplish.

    (2) The function for which you seek is probably "timemi" which
    takes a time as its first argument and a time interval
    (like 1 day) as its second argument.

    For example, same time yesterday:

        select timemi('now'::datetime, '1 day'::timespan);

- Tim