Still having trouble importing 6.3 DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stan Brown
Subject Still having trouble importing 6.3 DB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
AT Tom Lanes sugestion I upgraded to 6.4.2. While this was undoubtablya good die, it did not solve the basic
problem.
I am runing as the postgres superuser, and trying to inport the datafrom my 6.3 databse inot my nice new 6.4.2 one. I
amgeting errorsalmost as soon as the first non-postgres user is encuntered. Here isthe tail end of the atempt:

\connect template1 postgres
connecting to new database: template1 as user: postgres
create database stan;
QUERY: create database stan;
CREATEDB
\connect stan postgres
connecting to new database: stan as user: postgres
\connect - stan
connecting as new user: stan
FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user 'stan' is not in 'pg_shadow'

Could not connect to new database. exiting
I am using the example from the INSTALL document to import this data,that is:
psql -e template1 < db.out
I can connect to this db using psql, and I have run creatdb. What is this pg_shadow & how do I fix it?
Or do I need to create the varios database first before doing theimport?
Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco

-
(c) 1999 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.