Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Mort
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy
Date
List pgsql-general
If your data comes from a non-unix machine then you might have
carragereturn-linefeed pairs as newline delimiter.  I would get a
broken-pipe in this situation.  I wrote a perl script (on the unix
machine) to remove the carraige return ('\r') so that only the line
feed was left ('\n').  This solved my problem.

> I have some problems with importing a large txt db into postgres ... I try to use the \copy db from xyz to import
froma tabulator spaced textfile ... it takes 2-3sec then a "broken pipe" comes up and psql is beeing left ....

Regards,
Kenneth R. Mort  <kenmort@mort.port.net>
TreeTop Research
Brooklyn, NY, USA