Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 6.4.1 on DEC-ALPHA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 6.4.1 on DEC-ALPHA
Date
List pgsql-general
> I managed to compile postgres 6.4.1 without too much hassle, with the
> following
>
> ./configure --with-CC=cc --without-CXX
>
> There was only a single problem in
>
> /data/build/pgsql/src/backend/port/snprintf.c
>
> where around line 120 it should read
>

> #ifndef HAVE_LONG_INT_64
> static void fmtnum __P((long_long value, int base, int dosign, int ljust,
> int le
> n, int zpad));
> #else
> static void fmtnum __P((long value, int base, int dosign, int ljust, int
> len, in
> t zpad));
> #endif

Huh?  What platform are you using?

It currently reads:

    #ifndef HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64
    static void fmtnum __P((long value, int base, int dosign, int ljust, int len, i$
    #else
    static void fmtnum __P((long_long value, int base, int dosign, int ljust, int l$
    #endif

This was a last minute change suggested by someone, and it looked
correct.  We are saying if they don't have long long, use long.  It that
wrong?

> Then everything is fine. Don't even try with gcc -- I've also tried with
> the gcc from egcs 1.0.3
> and there are a lot of errors.
>
> Problem is that even when postgres has compiled, it isn't working. I've
> spent most of two days
> on this now, but am back on 6.3.2 now (sigh).

That is bad.  Please send us some more info.