createuser -h - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Oboimov
Subject createuser -h
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all!
Does anybody know solution to my problem:
After successful installation of PostgreSQL 6.4 it connects users only
LOCALLY.
What I've learned from the supllied docs is that if the user is supposed to
have permission to connect from remote host he should be created with
option:
-h <hostname>.
But when I try to do this from postgres account it returns:
user authentification fails.
That means: "you are not allowed to create users with -h option, because
you don't have this option yourself!"
I wonder if there is:
- a possibility to change permissions of postgress user itself;
- another superuser with the right permissions;
- some other means of correcting the situation.
BTW what are the names and permissions of postgres users UID 1000 to 1005?
Can anyone help me?

 Regards,
         Alex Oboimov