Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] More PostgreSQL+CORBA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> >     From how things sound, I think that implementing Corba will be the
> > trigger for 7.0...:)
>
> Yeah, I was going to say the same.  If we really take this idea to heart
> it would be a *big* change in the way the system is perceived and used,
> even though old apps should continue to work fine.

Yes, I think you are correct.  Would be very interesting.  We even could
call it protcol X, and continue to use the original protocol too, if
there was some advantage to doing it that way.

Our code is clean and modular, so such a change is very possible.  It is
not like some function in the executor starts shooting data directly to
the client.

Pennsylvania19026