ODBC interface problem W/ Applix Data (was Re: AWL: Another Data Editing Problem [was Re: Editing problem in Data]) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Cary B. O'Brien
Subject ODBC interface problem W/ Applix Data (was Re: AWL: Another Data Editing Problem [was Re: Editing problem in Data])
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> "Cary B. O'Brien" wrote:
> > >[ Editing problem in Data ]
>
> > This is how editing works for me
> >
> >         Select Database
> >         Select Table
> >         Do query
> >         Click on Padlock (Or edit -> enable editing)
> >                 (Insert, commit, and red zero w/ cross become active)
> > [...]
>
> Same here. But if I make a value empty (with backspace) and move on to another
> row, a dialog is displayed indicating:
>
>     S1000: [TCX][MyODBC]parse error near 'where Nr = 20' at line 1
>
> The MySQL database server logs this request:
>
>     update customers set City = where Nr = 20 ;
>
> I would expect:
>
>     update table set City = '' where Nr = 20 ;
>
> [ But I'm no SQL nor database expert ]
>
> Any ideas? [ RedHat 4.2, MySQL 3.21.32a, Applixware 4.4.1 ] Is it an
> Applixware or an MySQL problem?

Hmm... I see the same thing using Data and PostgreSQL.  I'm not sure which
side of the interface the problem is on.  I'll forward this to the
pgsql-interfaces list.

-- cary