Re: [HACKERS] Re: Results of port of Sept 18 port of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Results of port of Sept 18 port of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > Irix doesn't have snprintf, so I'm talking about your ports. They
> > > are missing %lld formats.
> >
> > OK, we need our ports snprintf() to understand %lld.  Marc?
>
>     Ack...I just borrowed what was in sendmail...are you saying that
> sendmail doesn't work under Irix either? :(

Not for long long's, no.

>     Ah, okay, just looking at the source code itself...neat, I think
> :)  How does this look?  '%lld == long long', correct?

Yes.

Sure, throw it in and let him test it.

> *** snprintf.c.orig     Tue Sep 22 22:41:46 1998
> --- snprintf.c  Tue Sep 22 22:44:26 1998
> ***************
> *** 126,131 ****
> --- 126,132 ----
>         int ch;
>         long value;
>         int longflag  = 0;
> +       int longlongflag  = 0;
>         int pointflag = 0;
>         int maxwidth  = 0;
>         char *strvalue;
> ***************
> *** 167,173 ****
>                                  len = va_arg( args, int );
>                                goto nextch;
>                        case '.': pointflag = 1; goto nextch;
> !                        case 'l': longflag = 1; goto nextch;
>                          case 'u': case 'U':
>                                  /*fmtnum(value,base,dosign,ljust,len,zpad) */
>                                  if( longflag ){
> --- 168,178 ----
>                                  len = va_arg( args, int );
>                                goto nextch;
>                        case '.': pointflag = 1; goto nextch;
> !                        case 'l': if(longflag) {
> !                                    longlongflag = 1; goto nextch;
> !                                  } else {
> !                                    longflag = 1; goto nextch;
> !                                  }
>                          case 'u': case 'U':
>                                  /*fmtnum(value,base,dosign,ljust,len,zpad) */
>                                  if( longflag ){
> ***************
> *** 186,192 ****
> --- 191,201 ----
>                                  fmtnum( value, 8,0, ljust, len, zpad ); break;
>                          case 'd': case 'D':
>                                  if( longflag ){
> +                                  if( longlongflag ) {
> +                                        value = va_arg( args, long long );
> +                                  } else {
>                                          value = va_arg( args, long );
>                                  } else {
>                                          value = va_arg( args, int );
>                                  }

http://www.op.net/~candle              |  (610) 353-9879(w)
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 853-3000(h)
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |